This is an online remote position. Preference will be given to those in Jackson or within West Tennessee, but this position is open to anyone who is available to work between the hours of 9am and 5pm CST, Monday through Friday. We have two (2) positions available for individuals needing evening or weekend only hours.
* Support and guide program participants
* Implement standard curriculum designed for lifestyle program
* Support data collection with Program Coordinator
People who are willing to be trained to deliver the required curriculum content and possess the skills, knowledge, and qualities listed below are eligible to be lifestyle coaches. Lifestyle coaches may have credentials (e.g. RD, RN, MSW, MPH), but credentials are not required.
Skills, knowledge, quality:
- Provide curriculum to class participants in effective, meaningful, and compelling ways
- Knowledge of the principles of behavior change and group facilitation
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and in front of a small group
- Ability to guide behavior change without prescribing personal actions or solutions
- Ability to build relationships with individuals and create community within a group
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people of varying ages, ethnicities, life experiences, etc.
- Active listening skills
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Knowledge of basic health, nutrition, and fitness principles
Why work with Fundamental Health Solutions team:
- We're a remote-first company with the entirety of the team spanning across the world
- When possible, we work in a warm, tropical location together for at least one week of the year
- When possible, we gather together in Jackson for in-person team activities or co-working days
- Full-time team members receive education stipends that can be applied to any course, event, conference or training that they choose
- We have titles, but we care more about your natural skills, what you're good at and what you enjoy doing. We don't believe that people fit into perfectly square job descriptions and allow for coloring outside of the lines (so to speak)
- We hold quarterly reviews where your feedback is heard and implemented (if it's for the betterment of the company)
- We build in bonuses and incentives where possible, including cash bonuses or prizes that you pick
- Compensation increases are based off the results and impact you bring to the business
- We've worked for bad bosses before; we care immensely about your growth and happiness as a team member
Please do NOT apply if:
- You run a business in a similar field OR you work with a client already in a competing or similar industry
- You plan to use this position as a place to sharpen your skills to start your own online business
- You are not comfortable with rapid change or the online business environment
- You do not have prior experience in working with people
- You don't naturally take a few moments to ensure that all i's are dotted and t's are crossed (i.e. pay attention to detail and go that extra step)
Applicant would ideally have prior experience with Asana, Canva, Instagram, Google Docs (Slides, Sheets + Forms), Google Drive, Dropbox, 1Password and Zoom.
Pay is $17 to $20 USD an hour, depending on experience. This is an independent contractor position (not employee) with a 90-day trial period.
To apply, hit the button below. On the application form, please type your full name in all capital letters.
Make sure to give as much explanation as possible. I'm not looking for just a "yes" or a "no" answer. This is your chance to make an impression and tell me everything I need to know!
Not required but would give your application a major boost is a video submission. At the end of the application, please share a link to a video where you tell me why you're perfect for this role.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: August 31, 2021.
I will be getting in touch with those who make the short list. Thank you!